Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I refused to be discouraged

I refused to be discouraged,
To be sad or cry; I refused to be downhearted,
And here's the reason why...
I have a God who's mighty,
who's sovereign and supreme,
I have a God who loves me, and i am on His team.
He is all wise and powerful, Jesus is His name;
Though everything is changeable, My God remains the same,
My God knows what's happening;
Begining to the end.
His presence if my comfort, He is my dearest friend.
When sickness comes to weaken me,
to bring my head down low,
i call upon my mightly God; into His arms i go.
When circumstances threaten to rob me from my peace;
He draw me close unto His breast,
Where all my strivings cease.
And when myheart melts within me,
And weakness takes control;
He gathers me into His arms,
He soothes my heart and soul.
The great I AM is with me, My life is in His hands.
The Son of God is my hope,
It's in His strength i stand.
I REFUSED to be defeated, my eyes are on my God;
He has promised to be with me, as through this life i trod.
I'm looking past all my circumstances, To Heaven's throne above;
My prayers have reached the heart of God,
I'm resting in His love. I give God thanks in everything,
My eyes are on His face.
The battle is His, the victory's mine,
He'll help me win the race...
-auther unknown-