Monday, January 22, 2007

Life

In life, its so easy to be distracted by the things that are going on around us. Yet, our walk with God is liken the narrow way; requiring immerse focus on our part to remain in the middle of the road.

Walking in this cross junction of my life, i realised how distracted i had become. I missed the mark. I derailed from the Way and was disillusionised to quest for happiness in places where the true joy and the awesome peace of God could never be found. Often, pride within me would sing praises of itself, boasting on how far it has come and how great it has been transformed into. Not realising, there're still untold amount of chapters in life, containing better glory and greater heights.

The tangible things we hold on so tightly to, becomes our unspoken form of security in life. The tragic is, these things come and go. The goal is not to seek them, but to seek the Giver. Not to love them, but to love the One. They are nothing but byproducts that comes as a result of a intense and intimate relationship with the Source of this universe.

Only when you lose something and feel the pain that comes with the strong attachments that you have, will you realise the true worth of that thing. Beyond the pain, comes the realization that many times we places great importance and priorities to things that are temporary, which fades away. Only than we discover that life still goes on without it. I fed myself with pride, which led me to no where. I was building my own kingdom, which was totally different with what Our Creator has in mind... till God broke the walls down.

Head knowledge got me no where. Instead it puffed up, and ended up choking me, grounding me to remain stagnant and unfruitful. Though i continued in works for my Lord, my heart was far. Love dims, lights were dying and i was dying-unknowingly. Till His saving grace found me.

He has woken me up from my delusions.

I've wandered so far off, i would have lost my way. And now im found, by His saving grace. Renew my mind, review my heart's desire and mould me again. I wana stay faithful to You and You alone. And thats what I wana do forever and ever. Guide me by your truth and grace. Lead me into Your courts. I rather be a door keeper in the house of God than someone else out there. I have been broken for this cause. And i trust in Your unchanging grace. You will lead me beside the still waters, to lie down in green pastures and to stand in awe of Your amazing glory. May i meet You face to face.

The silly pursuits i had, I wana change
Turning toward Your amazing grace
You reaches out to me, like a father to son
And adopted me, forgiving my filthy past
My life is changed, and forever it will be
When you stepped onboard, to dwell inside of me.
Your praises I'll sing, Your widsom i'll seek
That i may live the life, You've intented it to be.
Your mercy and grace, they endures forever
And I know with You, I don't hafta fear
I embrace the changes You've installed
So let it be known, my heart it longs for You
My lips it sings for You,
And my eyes they look to You always...
In this lifetime, and the life to come
Till i see You in glory, face to face.
Amen