Monday, May 21, 2007

You're Lord.

You came picked me up one day,
as i laid by the side of the road,
broken by sin, stained with guilt and shame.

You set me on my foot,
and taught me how to stand.
filled me with Your love,
surrounded me with Your grace.

My heart was set abaze for You,
as i set my heart to follow You.
The walk was great,
the journey was awesome.
Till the furnace of affliction came.

I cracked under pressure,
took the cross for granted,
and compromised to hear what the devil wana say.

I fell, hard.
Like mighty Samson who fell,
and lost his strength.
I lost my strength to resist,
when i accepted the devil's enticements.

Once again I was entangled in the yoke of bondage,
as the carnal man in me took control.
he begun feeding his lust,
in his fleshy pursuit.

I was lost and overtaken by sin,
I was weak and powerless before the oppressor,
In a life of pretentious and darkness i lived
till one day WHEN you came to rescue me.

"Lot chose for himself, what about you?" You asked,
as You urged me to return.
With all the strength that was left, i did.
Leaving my sinful state.

With a heart of repentance i turned,
to come back to You on this resoration path.

From sleepless nights,
from horrible flashbacks,
You restored my soul
as You watched me refused to hear the deceit,
from the father of lies.

There were some close moments,
where i was unwise.
And im sorry.
For i must have hurt others whom You loved dearly.

The flesh was roaring to pursue vanity,
And i had to learn the art of backing off.
With bented knees i prayed,
to plead for help not to fall again.

I left all that i had,
achievements and fault.
And set my face to seek You,
in the wilderness.

I hunger my flesh,
allowed it to starve and die.
As i pledged my heart to draw near,
to return to my first love.

It was a struggle,
it was hard,
it was humbling,
it left a scar on me,
and i had to walk with a limp.

But it was all worth it,
because i still love You.

You saw my heart of repentance,
You saw the painful decisions i took,
You saw my faithfulness to You,
You saw the brokenness in my heart...

It had been between You and me all these while.

Your unconditional love never fail to amaze me.
Your amazing grace never fail to provide for my weakness.

Jesus, i never wana turn away again.
I'll learn to lean upon Your grace,
to walk in the fear of God,
to grow deeper in love with Your word,
to grow in hunger for Your presence.

Though mountains may stand before me,
and seas of adversaries rise all around me,
though the roaring thunder try to hinder me from hearing you,
and the storms of life come to discourage me from seeking you...

I will learn to put my trust in You;
to trust in Your heart, to bang unto your character,
when life gives me reasons not to.

May i be more like You.
So that i can meet you face to face oneday.

You're Lord over my life.